Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Spicy pumpkin seeds
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat, and add onions. Cook until soft and translucent.
- Stir in garlic, and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly so garlic doesn't burn.
- Add broth, 2 cups of the black beans, pumpkin, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Put tomatoes and remaining black beans into a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add to soup mixture, and heat to boiling. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle spice pumpkin seeds on top of each serving.
Post a Comment