1-1/2 cups sugar
½ cup vegetable shortening
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
4 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups blueberries
1 cup dark brown sugar
2/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9"x13" baking pan.
- Mix sugar, shortening, eggs and milk until well blended.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spread batter into 9”x13” pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients for topping and mix until crumbly. `Sprinkle crumbs over batter.
- Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
From the kitchen of Thelma Chamberlin.