Caribbean Wild Rice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) can unsweetened pineapple tidbits, juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped snow peas
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- Avocado slices
- Chopped Macadamia nuts
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in onions, and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic, and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly so garlic doesn't burn.
- Add 1/2 cup pineapple juice, soy sauce, and lime juice.
- Stir in carrots, snow peas, zucchini, red peppers, black beans, and chickpeas.
- Increase heat to medium high, stirring often. Cook 5 minutes, or until 3/4 of the liquid is absorbed and vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add wild rice and pineapple. Increase heat, and stir-fry until heated through.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with avocado slices and chopped macadamia nuts.