- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups diced, cooked sweet potatoes, peeled (about 2-3 potatoes)
- 1 cup sweet peas, cooked
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse rice in a fine mesh sieve to remove the surface starches. (They're what makes rice sticky.)
- Mix water, coconut milk, and rice in a large saucepan. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Cook, uncovered, until liquid evaporates, about 40-45 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Keep vegetables and beans warm.
- When rice is finished, add ingredients to rice. Stir well, and serve immediately.
- Mix in chopped macadamia nuts before serving.