Strawberry Freezer Jam
- 2 pints strawberries (2 cups crushed strawberries)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 box Sure-Jell fruit pectin
- Wash and rinse plastic containers with tight fitting lids. Use 1 to 2 cup size containers.
- Crush berries 1 cup at a time, using a potato masher for best results.
- Mix berries and sugar in a large bowl. Stir well. Let stand 10 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Stir 1 box pectin and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir pectin mixture into fruit. Stir constantly until sugar is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Pout into prepared containers, leaving 1/2 inch space at top for expansion during freezing. Cover.
- Let stand at room temperature 24 hours until set. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Otherwise, store in freezer for up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator. Makes 5 cups jam.