Pineapple Raisin Cookies
Favorite Recipes of the Good Cooks of the First Presbyterian Church, Saginaw Michigan.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- Coconut and nut meats can be added if desired
- Cream together shortening and sugar lightly.
- Add egg, vanilla, raisins and pineapple.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to mix.
- Drop on cookie sheet (oiled) 1-1/2 inches apart.
- Bake at 370 degrees for 10-15 minutes, longer if you wish them to brown nicely.
Recipe from the kitchen of Mrs. Carl J. Schmiege.