Macaroni and Cheese
Favorite Recipes of the Good Cooks of the First Presbyterian Church, Saginaw Michigan.
- 1 package elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 level tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mild cheese, diced
- Cook elbow macaroni as directed.
- Melt butter in saucepan and blend with flour. Add milk slowly, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth. Cook until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and cheese.
- Combine sauce with cooked macaroni in baking dish. Bake in hot oven 15 to 20 minutes.
Recipe from the kitchen of Mrs. Walter C. Mey (My Aunt Mary - my Dad's sister-in-law).
Post a Comment