It's the new year so probably 90% of our friends and family are trying to eat more healthy. So here's a snack option to consider instead of the potato chips and dip or cookies and fudge!
- 3-4 apples
- Ginger Ale
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Chopped roasted almonds, pistachios or walnuts
- Chopped dried fruit
- Slice a few apples. Place the apples in a bowl and cover with Ginger Ale. Let sit for about 10 minutes. (The Ginger Ale keeps the apples from turning brown.)
- Drain the apples and place them on a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture. Arrange apples on a serving platter.
- Melt about 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips and drizzle over the apples. Sprinkle the top with roasted almonds, pistachios or walnuts. Then sprinkle with a little dried fruit.