Angel Cream Cake
This church cookbook was handed down to me from my Grandmother. For the next several days I'll be posting her favorite recipes, some from family, some from church friends. Enjoy!
Favorite Recipes of the Good Cooks of the First Presbyterian Church
- 2 packages orange Jell-o
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 cups sweetened whipping cream
- 1 large angel food cake
- Fix Jell-o and water as ordinary Jell-o. Add crushed pineapple.
- When Jell-o is set enough, whip.
- Add whipped cream and angel food cake which has been broken in small pieces.
- Spread in shallow pan 1-1/2 inches thick. Set in refrigerator overnight.
- Cut in squares to serve. Serves 20.
Recipe from the kitchen of Mrs. J. R. Fentner.