Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1-3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 2 cups shredded or diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Cream together butter, oil, and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add dry mixture to wet; mix well. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour into greased 9"x13" pan. Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Recipe from the kitchen of Harmony Harkema. If you like this recipe be sure to check out her blog, Beyond Toast.