Rosemary-Roasted Root Vegetables
- 16 ounces any combination of parsnips, rutabagas, or turnips, peeled and cut in 1" pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the parsnips, rutabagas, or turnips on a 15"x10" baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle the rosemary, thyme, mustard, and salt. Toss well and distribute evenly over the pan.
- Roast, stirring or shaking the vegetables every 15 minutes, until they're tender and evenly browned or about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with black pepper; taste and adjust the seasonings. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Recipe from The Biggest Loser Cookbook.