I never realized how easy it is to make your own guacamole. And now that I have tasted the real thing, I can't imagine buying the packaged kind any more. This recipe is simple, no-frills, and just plain amazing. Enjoy!
- 2 ripe avocados*, cut up
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- Beat avocados, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper until creamy.
- Stir in tomato.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Serve with Stacy's Pita Chips - they're amazing!
*The secret to the best guacamole is very ripe avocados, enjoy.
Recipe from the kitchen of Betty Crocker!