Beef with Mushrooms
Here's another recipe that was a favorite in our house when I was growing up. My parents learned this when we lived in Ann Arbor and they took a Chinese cooking class.
- 1 pound lean flank steak
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 green onion
- 4 tablespoons corn oil
- 1/2 pound mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- Mix beef with 2 tablespoons soy sauce, pepper, sherry, brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon corn starch.
- Heat oil in pan; saute shredded onion. Add beef. Cook until color turns (about 2 minutes). Remove.
- Put mushrooms, celery, 3/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon soy sauce in pan; bring to a boil.
- Add 1 tablespoon cornstarch blended with 1/8 cup water and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add cooked beef; mix well. Serve hot.
Post a Comment