Quinoa Egg Bake
I made this delicious egg bake this morning. SO good! And Quinoa is so good for you. Enjoy!
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch x 8-inch glass or metal baking dish with butter; set aside.
- Put quinoa into a fine mesh strainer and rinse until cold running water until water runs clear; drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and quinoa. Stir in spinach then pour mixture into prepared dish.
- Cover tightly with foil then jiggle dish gently from side to side so that quinoa settles on the bottom in an even layer.
- Bake until just set, about 45 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle top evenly with cheese. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, until golden brown and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes more. Set aside to let cool briefly, then slice and serve.
Post a Comment