Special Green Beans
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh green beans
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced onion
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ounces sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash beans, trim ends. Combine beans with 3 cups water in a dutch oven. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Plunge beans into cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain the beans and set aside.
- Saute mushrooms and the next 7 ingredients in olive oil in dutch oven. Stir in beans and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.