Ham Souffle Roll
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 6 large eggs separated
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- Ham slices
- Swiss cheese slices
- Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with foil, extending foil 1 inch beyond edges of pan. Grease and lightly flour the foil.
- In a medium saucepan melt margarine. Stir in flour and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. In a medium bowl slowly stir thickened mixture into egg yolks.
- In a large bowl beat egg whites and cream of tarter until stiff peaks form. Fold a little of the beaten whites into the yolk mixture. Fold the yolk mixture into the remaining beaten egg whites. Spread in the prepared pan. Bake in a 375 degree oven about 20 minutes or until the souffle is puffed and slightly set and a knife comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, place a long piece of heavy foil on a large baking sheet. Generously grease the foil. Immediately loosen the baked souffle from the pan. Place the foil-lined baking sheet over the souffle. Invert souffle onto the foil-lined baking sheet. Carefully peel off foil on top of souffle. Place ham and cheese in a thin layer on top of souffle. Use foil on the baking sheet to lift and help roll up souffle from one of the short sides. Lift souffle roll with the foil into a 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Cover roll with the foil. Chill for up to 24 hours.
- Before serving, heat souffle roll covered with the foil in a 375 degree oven about 40 minutes or until heated through.