- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can tomatoes
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 8 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 10 large black olives
- 3 green onions
- Brown ground beef; drain thoroughly. Add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, red pepper, salt, pepper and tomatoes; heat through.
- Cover bottom and sides of a 9x13 baking dish with tortillas. Pour beef mixture over tortillas; place a layer of tortillas over meat mixture and set aside.
- Combine cottage cheese, grated Monterrey Jack cheese, and egg; pour over tortillas.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle rows of shredded cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, chopped green onions and sliced olives diagonally across center of casserole.
Post a Comment