Crispy Grilled Cheese
This is a mash-up recipe...Aly Kasen meets The Pioneer Woman. Aly's secret ingredient for Grilled Cheese is garlic salt. The Pioneer Woman's secret is grilling a bit of cheese on the OUTSIDE of the bread. Mmmmm. This is a good one!
- 2 slices Good Sourdough Sandwich Bread Or Crusty French Bread
- Softened Butter
- Grated Cheese Of Your Choice: Cheddar, Jack, Swiss, Gruyere
- Garlic Salt
- Heat a nonstick or iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- Spread one side of both pieces of bread with a small amount of softened butter. Sprinkle a small amount of grated cheese on each slice---just enough to stick to the butter. Turn one piece of bread over and place a larger amount of cheese on top (this will be the filling). Sprinkle with garlic salt. Place the other piece of bread on top.
- Carefully transfer it to the skillet and cook on both sides until the middle filling is melted and gooey (watch to make sure the surface doesn't burn! It should be nice deep golden brown.)
- Slice in half and dig in!