Surprise, It's Pumpkin! Enchiladas
|Recipe from Hungry Girl - great for the fall. Go Blue!|
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1-1/2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix
- 2 large corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup red enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 slice fat-free cheddar cheese, halved
- 1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- optional: salt, pepper, fat-free sour cream, chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with non-stick spay to a medium heat on the stove. Add onion and, stirring occasionally, cook until it begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add pumpkin, taco sauce, and taco seasoning to the bowl. Mix well. If you like, season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spay a baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Place tortillas on a microwave-safe plate. Warm slightly in the microwave, about 15 seconds.
- Lay tortillas flat, side by side. Spread 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce onto each one. Place a half-slice of cheese in the center of each tortilla. Evenly distribute the pumpkin mixture between the centers of the tortillas.
- Wrap tortillas up tightly and place them in the baking pan with the seam sides down. Cover with remaining 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes, until enchiladas are hot. Carefully remove pan from the oven, and sprinkle enchiladas with shredded cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Plate those babies and, if you like, top with sour cream and/or scallions. enjoy!
Post a Comment