Easy Enchilada Roll-Ups
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) vegetarian refried beans
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup rice
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) mild green chiles, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup soy sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 6-8 flour or corn tortillas (6 inches in diameter), at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded soy cheddar
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
|Easy Enchilada Casserole|
- Combine the kidney beans, refried beans, water, rice, chiles, soy sour cream, and chili powder in a slow cooker and stir well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When ready to serve, place 1/2 cup of the bean mixture in the center of a tortilla. Sprinkle with some of the soy cheese and roll the tortilla around the filling. Pass the enchilada sauce at the table.
VARIATION: For easy enchilada casserole, layer the tortillas and hot bean mixture in a round casserole dish. Top with the enchilada sauce, sprinkle with the soy cheese, and serve.
From The Simple Little Vegan Slow Cooker Cookbook by Michelle Rivera