Sweet and Sour Cranberry Chicken
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 12 skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Combine onion and cranberries in a 4-quart slow cooker. Arrange chicken on top of cranberry mixture.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard, salt and cider vinegar in a small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour; reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 6 hours or until chicken is very tender. Transfer chicken to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth; stir into mixture in slow cooker. Cook, uncovered, on HIGH setting 15 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring often. Pour over chicken.
- Serve this sweet-and-sour chicken thigh combo over rice or noodles to soak up the oh-so-sassy sauce.
Post a Comment