Chewy Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies
- Cooking spray
- 3 Large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 Teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 Cup sugar, divided
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a large cookie sheet with cooking spray or top with parchment paper (use two cookie sheets if necessary).
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add cream of tartar and 1/4 cup sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- In another small bowl, mix cocoa, cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Fold cocoa mixture and mint extract into egg whites; fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop 24 heaping tablespoons of batter onto prepared cookie sheet, about 2-inches apart; bake in upper 1/3 of oven until cookies flatten out, about 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 1 or 2 minutes. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.
Post a Comment