- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into large pieces
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 teaspoons store-bought pesto
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) mozzarella-Parmesan cheese blend
- Combine beef and salt. Cook beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Stir in vinegar and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Dollop ricotta cheese by rounded tablespoons over beef. Top with broken noodles, making 1 flat layer (noodles will overlap a little bit).
- Pour tomatoes and bell peppers over noodles, making sure that noodles are completely covered. Add water, and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Dollop pesto by 1/2 teaspoons over top. Bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until noodles are fully cooked.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese blend. Cover and let stand 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut into wedges, and serve with a slotted spatula.
Post a Comment