Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1-1/4 cups quick cooking dry oats
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- To make mix: Use clean 1 quart glass jar with tight-fitting lid. Stir together the flour, baking soda and granulated sugar; pack into the bottom of jar. Layer and pack with brown sugar, raisins, oats, and chocolate chips in that order. Cover jar; attach card with the baking instructions.
- To make cookies: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spoon contents of jar into large bowl; break up any lumps with wooden spoon. Add 1/3 cup softened butter, 1 lightly beaten egg and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat with spoon until well blended (batter will be stiff). Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.