Chocolate Mint Creams
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 pound pastel cream mint kisses
- Stir together flour and baking soda.
- In a medium saucepan heat and stir brown sugar, butter, and water over low heat until butter is melted. Add chocolate chips. Heat and stir until chocolate is melted. Pour into a large mixing bowl and let stand for 10-15 minutes or until cool.
- Beat egg into chocolate mixture. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Dough will be soft. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours until easy to handle. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove and immediately top each cookie with a mint. Return to the oven and bake about 2 minutes more or until cookies are done. Swirl the melted mints with a knife to "frost" cookies. Remove and cool until mints are firm.
Post a Comment