Egg in a Hole
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 slice bread
- 1 egg
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a non-stick pan over low heat.
- Cut a 1-1/2 to 2-inch hole from the center of the bread slice; lay in the hot skillet. When the side facing down is lightly toasted, about 2 minutes, flip and crack the egg into the hole; season with salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook until the egg is cooked and mostly firm. Flip again and cook 1 minute more to assure doneness on both sides. Serve immediately.