Magical Mint Kiss Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 48 chocolate mint kisses
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Stir together flour and cocoa; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Mold scant tablespoon dough around each chocolate mint kiss, covering completely. Shape into balls. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool about 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely. Roll in powdered sugar. Roll in sugar again just before serving, if desired. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.