Lucy's Lemon Squares
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- dash of salt
- Blend flour, butter and powdered sugar with fingertips until well mixed. Pat evenly into the bottom of an 8x8 inch baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, beat together eggs, granulated sugar, baking powder, lemon juice and salt. Pour over baked crust and return to oven for 20-25 minutes at same temperature.
- Cool on rack. Cut in squares. Sprinkle with sifted, powdered sugar.