Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
- 4 cups (generous) Butternut Squash, cubed and peeled
- 2 cups reduced sodium Chicken Broth or reduced sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 cups low fat Milk
- 1/4 cup plain 2% fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (split)
- 1 cup grated Romano Cheese
- 1 box (1 pound) large elbow noodles, cooked al dente
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. In a large pot, combine cubed butternut squash and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Remove from heat. Add milk, Greek yogurt, dry mustard, salt, pepper and puree until smooth in a food processor. Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese and Romano cheese until melted and then fold in pasta. Pour everything into a large 9x13-inch baking dish lightly brushed with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and turn oven to Broil. Mix last cup of cheddar cheese with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over macaroni and return to oven for an additional 3-5 minutes until cheese has browned and some edges of noodles are crisp.