Shrimp & Caramelized Zucchini Linguine
- 20 Shrimp
- 4 zucchini
- 2 shoots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Sprigs Parsley
- 12 ounces Linguine
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Veggie Stock Concentrate
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan
- Salt & Pepper
- Chili Flakes
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. Trim zucchini; grate on the largest holes of a box grater. Halve, peel, and thinly slice shallots. Peel and finely chop garlic. Zest and quarter the lemons. Pick parsley leaves from stems; finely chop leaves.
- Place zucchini in the center of a clean kitchen towel. Gather into a tight bundle and squeeze over the sink to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add zucchini, shallots, garlic, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add a pinch of chili flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is caramelized and mixture is jammy and thickened, 15-18 minutes.
- Once water is boiling, add pasta to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Reserve 2 cups pasta cooking water, then drain.
- While pasta cooks, rinse shrimp under cold water, then pat dry with paper towels. Season all over with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally until opaque and cooked through, 3-5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, stock concentrate, Italian seasoning, 1 cup pasta water, a big squeeze of lime juice, and a pinch of lemon zest to pan with zucchini; whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer, stirring, until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Add drained pasta, shrimp, half the Parmesan, half the parsley, and butter to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in remaining lemon zest if desired. If needed, add more reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time until pasta is coated in a creamy sauce. Divide between bowls; top with remaining parmesan and parsley. Sprinkle with more chili flakes if desired. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.