Ponzu Chili Steak Bowls
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 spikes ginger
- 1 cup rice
- sugar snap peas
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 pound Diced Steak
- 2 teaspoons Ponzu Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons cooking oil
- Wash and dry produce. Peel and finely chop or grate garlic. Peel and finely chop or grate ginger.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and half the ginger; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Stir in rice, 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15 minutes. Keep covered off heat for at least 10 minutes or until ready to serve.
- While rice cooks, trim and remove strings from snap peas by snapping off the stem end with your fingers and gently pulling (like you would a zipper). In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with half the chili sauce. Stir in water 1 teaspoon at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat Add snap peas; cook, undisturbed, until charred on one side, 1-2 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and charred all over, 1-2 minutes more. Transfer to a second small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Pat diced steak dry with paper towels. Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for snap peas over high heat. Add steak and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked to desired doneness, 2-3 minutes. Add remaining ginger; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Stir in ponzu and remaining chili sauce until coated, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper.
- Fluff rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper. Divide rice between bowls. Top with glazed steak and snap peas in separate sections. Drizzle everything with chili mayo.