French Onion Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Beef stock concentrate
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and softened, 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar, then stir in stock concentrate and 1/4 cup water. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until onion is caramelized and jammy, 2-3 minutes more. Turn off heat; transfer to a small bowl. Wash out pan.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for onion over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 5-6 minutes per side. In the last 1-2 minutes of cooking, top with caramelized onion and cheese. Cover pan until cheese melts.
- Serve with roasted carrots and mashed potatoes.