Garlic Rosemary Chicken with Roasted Root Veggies
- 4 Carrots
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 10 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Sprig Rosemary
- 2 Red Onions
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Chicken Stock Concentrate
- 4 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. Trim, peel and cut carrots on a diagonal into 3/4-inch-thick pieces. Dice sweet potatoes and Yukon Gold potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces. Strip rosemary leaves from the sprig; finely chop leaves until you have 1 tablespoon.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken on one-third of an 18"x13" sheet pan. Toss carrots, sweet potatoes, and Yukon Gold potatoes in a large bowl with 2 teaspoons rosemary, a large drizzle of oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place on remaining portion of sheet pan plus a second sheet pan. Roast until slightly softened, 15 minutes.
- While veggies roast, halve, peel, and thinly slice the onions. Finely chop a few slices until you have 1/2 cup. Peel and finely chop garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine sliced onion, a drizzle of oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Once veggies have roasted 15 minutes, remove sheet pans from oven. Carefully top veggies with seasoned onion, then return to oven until everything is browned and tender, 12-15 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, chopped onion, remaining chopped rosemary, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened, 1-2 minutes. Add stock concentrate and 1/3 cup water. Simmer until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons butter until melted. Thinly slice chicken crosswise; divide between plates along with roasted veggies. Top chicken with pan sauce.