- 6 cups of apple slices, peeled (using 1 kind of apple generally gives the best flavor)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of sugar or Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Place the apples in a large microwave safe bowl or casserole dish. Stir in the water, lemon juice, and salt.
- Cover and microwave on high for 12 minutes. Stir every 4 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir in sugar and cinnamon.
- Puree to applesauce consistency using a food processor.
- Cool and store in refrigerator.
Recipe from the kitchen of Jennifer Schwerin