Savory Crescent Chicken Squares
- 3 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives or onions
- 8 oz. Pillsbury refrigerated quick crescent rolls (tube)
- 3/4 cup seasoned croutons, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, blend cream cheese and 2 tablespoons margarine (reserving 1 tablespoon) until smooth. Add next 4 ingredients. Mix well.
- Separate crescent dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to top center of chicken mixture. Twist slightly and seal edges. Brush tops with reserved melted margarine. Dip in crouton crumbs.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Makes 4 sandwiches.
Recipe from the Kitchen of Marcia Hansma.