- Jar of pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 raw boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 16 slices pepperoni, chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Place chicken in a large sealable bag and, removing as much air as possible, seal the bag. Carefully pound chicken through the bag with a meat mallet until it is uniformly about 1/2-inch thick. Evenly sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Bring an oven-safe skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add bell pepper, mushrooms, and onion and cook until softened, about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove veggies and set aside.
- Remove skillet from heat, re-spray, and return to medium heat. Add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Top chicken with veggies, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Place skillet under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese softens and pepperoni becomes crisp.
- Plate your pizza-fied chicken, and sprinkle with grated topping.