Hashbrowns, Spinach and Tomato Pie
- 2 cups Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups packed fresh spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; press down the Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes into the pie plate, top with 1/2-cup shredded mozzarella and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add spinach and tomatoes; cook for 3 minutes, or until spinach is wilted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and spread over potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper; whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour over spinach and tomatoes. Sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella over the pie.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve.