Healthy Remake of Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 6 cups extra-wide egg noodles
- 1 10-3/4 oz can low-fat condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted light butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 oz water-packed tuna fish, rinsed, drained, and flaked
- 2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1.4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 oz. low-fat baked potato chips, lightly crushed (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Mix soup and milk in large bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Stir in mushrooms, scallions, peas, thyme and rosemary; cook, stirring until mushrooms soften, 5 minutes. Stir into soup mixture. Add noodles, tuna and parsley; toss well. Transfer to baking dish and sprinkle with potato chips. Bake until bubbling, 30-35 minutes. Serving size = 1 generous cup.
8 Weight Watchers Points Plus per serving.
Post a Comment