Quick Beef Veggie Soup
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups v-8 vegetable juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2-3 parsnips, peeled and sliced
- Brown meat with onion until no pink remains in meat. Drain.
- Put all the ingredients in the crock pot and set on high. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 hours.
- Try different vegetables according to your taste: peas, turnips, rutabaga, celery. Could also substitute barley for the potatoes.