Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup ditalini pasta, uncooked
- Add olive oil to skillet and brown ground beef.
- Place beef in slow cooker with remaining ingredients, except beans and pasta.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. 30 minutes before serving add beans and pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper. Discard bay leaves.
Recipe from the kitchen of Barb Kasen.