Bri's Special Fish Tacos
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound tilapia, cod, or mahi mahi
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup Cotija cheese
Fish Taco Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a mixing bowl whisk together vegetable oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place fish into a dish or gallon size resealable bag and pour marinade over fish (if using a bag seal bag and gently move bag around to evenly coat fish with marinade), allow to marinate in mixture 20 minutes (and no longer than 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place fish on prepared baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes (fish should flake easily with a fork).
- To make the sauce: while fish is cooking whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Season with salt to taste.
- To assemble tacos: Break fish into pieces, layer over warm tortillas. Top with cabbage, avocado, cilantro, cheese, and fish taco sauce.
- To cook tortillas: heat in a little vegetable or olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown spots appear on each side.
Recipe from the kitchen of Bri Kasen.
Post a Comment