Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 1/2 onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup San Marzano Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Optional: Oregano, Italian Seasoning, Thyme, Crushed Red Pepper, Sugar
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat.
- Chop down onions and add to heated olive oil. Add salt and pepper to personal preference. Add minced garlic.
- When onions are translucent and garlic starts to turn golden, add San Marzano tomatoes. Add any optional spices to preference. Lower heat and simmer.
- Once sauce begins to bubble, add basil, whole leaves or chopped.
Recipe from the kitchen of The Local Epicurean.