Pork Sausage Orzotto
- 2 lemons
- 2 pork sausage links
- 6 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 teaspoons Chicken Stock Concentrate
- 1 cup peas
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Wash and dry produce. Zest lemon until you have 3 teaspoons; quarter lemon.
- Remove sausage from casing; discard casing. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage and season with a big pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned, 4-6 minutes (it'll finish cooking in the next step).
- Once sausage is browned, stir in orzo, stock concentrate, and 4 cups of water. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is cooked through and orzo is tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine peas and butter, and a big pinch of salt. Microwave until tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in lemon zest and juice from 4 lemon wedges; set aside.
- Once orzo is tender, stir cream cheese and 4 tablespoons water into pan until fully incorporated. Using a slotted spoon, transfer lemony peas to pan and stir to combine. Taste adn season with salt and pepper. If orzotto is too thick, add 1 tablespoon water at a time until creamy. Divide orzotto between bowls and serve with lemon wedges on the side. If you've got some on hand, sprinkle with a pinch of chili flakes.
Recipe from the kitchen of Every Plate.
Post a Comment