Grandma Kathy's Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/4 cup warm water (115-120 degrees)
- 1 packet yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 rounded teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons whole milk
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and let stand for 5 minutes. Set aside. Heat milk (warm enough to melt shortening and dissolve sugar) and add shortening, sugar, salt, and slightly beaten egg (temper egg before adding). Add yeast.
- Beat in 2 cups flour until well blended. Add last cup of flour and more if necessary to get dough to the right texture. Dough should be slightly sticky (but not so sticky it leaves dough on your fingers). Remove from bowl and knead for 5 minutes. Place in another greased bowl and turn until top is covered with grease. Cover bowl with linen cloth and let rise in warm place until double (about 1 to 1-1/2 hours). I usually let dough rise in warm (not hot) oven. I judge the oven temp with my hand. When it feels warm enough, I go with it.
- When done rising, turn out dough on a floured surface and roll out to approximately a 15"x9" rectangle.
- To make the filling, mix all ingredients well and set aside.
- Spread rectangle with 1/4 cup soft butter. Sprinkle filling mixture over this and spread out evenly. Roll up starting from long side, and sealing as you go along.
- Cut roll into 12 pieces. I use dental floss (cross over and pull sharply to cut).
- Place rolls in 9"x13" pan and cover again with non-stick towel. Let rise 35-40 minutes until they fill the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix glaze ingredients together. Glaze should be thin enough to pour but thick enough to stick to the rolls. Glaze while still warm but not hot. Use about 1 tablespoon glaze per roll and spread it around to cover.
Recipe from the kitchen of Kathy Anderson.
This is really a good source of information, I will often follow it to know more information and expand my knowledge, I think everyone should know it, thanks Best indian garam masala service providerReplyDelete