- 2 cups strawberries, plus more to garnish
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon malted milk powder
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream
- Gather your ingredients. Make sure you are using excellent strawberry ice cream. No fake flavors!
- Hull the strawberries and slice them. Sprinkle the sugar over them and stir in the vanilla. Put the strawberries in the freezer for about an hour.
- Put four small glasses in the freezer to chill.
- When the strawberries have frozen solid, pull them out and put them in the blender with 3/4 cup of milk. Blend until the strawberries are pulverized. There should be no big chunks left at all.
- Add the malted milk powder and blend.
- Take the blender jar off the motor, and add the entire pint of ice cream. Stir it into the milk and strawberries by hand. Put the jar back on the motor and blend thoroughly. If it won't blend very well or gets stuck, carefully add as much as 1/4 cup more milk. Stir or shake if necessary.
- Pour the milkshake out into the chilled glasses and garnish with strawberries. Slurp immediately!