Thai Coconut Curry
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 sweet onion
- 1/2 pound chicken
- 2 Tablespoons red curry paste (Maesri or Lobo are the best)
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 2 cups bok choy
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut millk
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add sliced onion, chopped garlic, and chopped ginger to the pan. Sauté until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Salt and pepper your protein. Add the protein to the pan and cook.
- Add the bok choy and any other veggies desired. Salt well. Cover with red curry paste. Cook for about 2 minutes or until it seems dry. Add the broth once the paste is fragrant. Add more broth, coconut milk and fish sauce and/or soy sauce if desired.
- If a sweeter taste is desired, add brown sugar.
- Serve over rice!
Recipe from the kitchen of Rachel Kyle.