Cool Dill Dip
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground dill seed (or whole celery seed can be substituted)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons minced white onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/3 cups sour cream
- Place all the spices in the bottom of a large bowl. Add the water, stir and let stand about 5 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- Mix in the mayonnaise and sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve in a bread bowl with bread chunks for dipping. Rye and pumpernickel work best. This also makes a great veggie dip.
Recipe from the kitchen of Penzey's.