Coconut Curry with Greens
- 2 cups white or brown rice
- 2 cups protein: chicken, shrimp or lentils
- 8 cups chopped leafy greens: spinach, kale, bok choy, broccoli, pea pods, etc.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- Make the rice according to the package instructions.
- Cook the protein. If using lentils: place the lentils in a saucepan with 6 cups warm water. Bring to a low boil, then boil for about 20 minutes until tender (taste to assess doneness). Drain, then add a few pinches of salt.
- Meanwhile, wash the greens, remove the stems and chop the leaves. In your largest skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the greens and saute for several minutes until tender and bright green.
- When the protein is done, add it to the skillet with the greens. Over medium high heat, stir in the coconut milk, Thai red curry paste, tomato paste, kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Cook for a few minutes until heated through and the sauce is thickened.
- Taste and add a few pinches of salt if desired. Serve with rice.
Recipe from the kitchen of Liz Kyle.
Post a Comment