Instant Pot Ground Beef Chili
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, ghee, or cooking fat of choice
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef (85% lean, 15% fat)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- Optional toppings: Sliced avocado, Slivered scallions
- Press the sauté button on the Instant Pot and wait for the metal insert to heat up. Once the insert is hot, add 1 tablespoon of fat and swirl it around.
- As soon as the oil is shimmering, add the onions and bell peppers with a sprinkle of salt.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the tomato paste and minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add in the ground beef, along with 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Brown the meat and break it up with a spatula.
- When most of the ground beef is no longer pink (5 to 7 minutes), stir in the chili powder, oregano, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Combine well to distribute the fragrant spices.
- Toss in the drained diced tomatoes, broth, and fish sauce. Stir everything well, making sure the liquid reaches the bottom of the insert.
- Lock the lid and cook under high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When the chili is finished cooking, release the pressure manually if you’re itching to eat it right away. Otherwise, you can let the pressure come down naturally and chow down when you’re ready.
- Ladle up the chili and serve with your favorite toppings.
Post a Comment