Caprese Stuffed Avocado
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz baby mozzarella balls
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 ripe avocados peeled, seeded and halved
- Fresh basil leaves to serve
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze reduction to drizzle
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Combine tomatoes, mozzarella balls, pesto, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss well to evenly combine all of the flavours.
- Arrange prepared avocado halves onto a plate with fresh basil leaves.
- Spoon the Caprese filling into each avocado halve and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Top with chopped fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Recipe from the Kitchen of Cafe Delights